Along the way we have added some special noontime programs!
Radio Bilingue : Weekdays – 2am to 10am
A Spanish/English language service from KSJV in Fresno, California, Radio Bilingue is heard across the United States via satellite and affiliate stations like WHWS. We are the sole radio affiliate in New York state, and the only station in the Geneva area that airs Spanish-language programming!
RB broadcasts a mix of music, news and information shows. Their full schedule is here (remember that the times listed are Pacific Time, which is 3 hours behind Eastern Time). The schedule of RB shows WHWS broadcasts is shown in green below. Tune in at 5-6am ET for Linea Abierta, their daily call-in talk/public affairs show!
Mid-Morning Reprieve : Weekdays 10am – 11am
Every weekday morning, Jake Longwell takes you on a tour of unusual and eclectic music designed to be perfect for at-work listening. From jazz to classical to new age to new wave, it’s the Mid-Morning Reprieve on WHWS!
- Monday: The Jazz Scene The best in traditional and contemporary jazz music from the 1920s through the present. This program is ideal for both longtime jazz fans, and anyone who is just getting into the genre.
- Tuesday: Classics and Beyond A fresh new approach to classical music programming on radio. The show features the entire spectrum of “classical music” from early music straight through to the latest classical compositions. From orchestral works to experiments in electronic music, if it’s classical, you’ll hear it on The Classics and Beyond.
- Wednesday: Sounds from the Global Village Featuring traditional, folkloric, and contemporary music from around the world. You will hear everything from scratchy field recordings made during the early 20th century to the latest fusions of music and culture from around the world.
- Thursday: Jazz Progressions Designed for the more adventurous jazz fan. Every week, we feature some of the best in jazz/rock fusion, avant-gard, free jazz, acid jazz, and jazz-influenced electronica.
- Friday: Lake Air From the picturesque Finger Lakes region of New York state comes Lake Air. Every week, Lake Air presents an hour of “unique contemporary music”. A music mix that is just right for relaxing, or as background music for any occasion. The best in contemporary jazz, new age, and acoustic music are blended to create a sound you’re unlikely to hear anywhere else. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the refreshing sound of Lake Air.
Lunchtime Loud: Noontime 12 to 1pm
Wednesdays- Rockin’ in the Days of Confusion
Fridays 11am to 1pm -Two hours Live from the HWS Scandling Center with student DJ’s
Friday Night-Saturday Morning
The Metallic Onslaught is Friday Night 10pm to 3am
When no students are around, we play an Alt-Rock Mix from computer, freshly stocked with the latest music our crack team of music staff sifts through every week to find the best!
At any time, WHWS may interrupt regular programming to bring you live coverage of Hobart Statesmen and William Smith Herons sports games, or other local sports coverage. Click SPORTS for more info.
Local News Updates
Weekdays, WHWS produces local newscasts at the following times:
- 4:00pm State and Local
- 5:00pm State and Local
- 6:00pm State and Local
- 7:00pm State and Local
- 8:00pm State and Local
All local newscasts are produced by HWS students! For the fall 2012 semester, our Newscaster Team is: